SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR THE ARTS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Art of Life® program is now accepting Artistic Director applications for The Art of Life® 2014.
We are eager to involve artists who are:
- patient, flexible and have a special place in theirheart for cancer survivors
- willing to think creatively on how a group might co-produce a piece of art representing life in a unique
- available in August/early September to share theirlove for art through this one-of-a-kind opportunity
HOW IT WORKS
- Each artist will be linked with a group of 3 to 4 cancer survivors. As the Artistic Director, you will direct and oversee the creation of a triptych or tetraptych. You may specify your interest to work with a group of men, women or children.
- The Artist determines 3-4 dates that they can meet with their group to collaborate on their art piece.
- The artwork is about life, not about cancer.
- The subject matter is open to interpretation and can be inanimate, animate, or abstract; the color palette should be rich and colorful.
- Acrylic, collage or mixed media may be used on the canvas (no oil paints please).
- The work will be displayed unframed for the next 12 months throughout the community.
- The Art of Life Cancer Foundation provides the canvas and the Artist shares their supplies (paints and brushes) with the group. The size of the canvas will be 3 – 12”x24” or 4 – 14”x18”.
WHAT THE ARTIST WILL RECEIVE
- A $200 honorarium per piece for the generosity of their time and supplies to bring life in a unique way to cancer survivors in this community.
- Recognition on the plaque next to the displayed artwork and on the back of commemorative art cards.
- Exposure to approximately 1,000 people expected to attend the unveiling including signage, podium recognition and program recognition for the artist.