Position Title: Special Event Planning Intern
Supervised by: Executive Director
Time Commitment: 10-12 hours per week
The Fresno Arts Council is a non-profit organization seeking to promote the arts through supporting local artists, organizing events and and working toward bringing artists and audiences together within the community. It acts as an umbrella for artists and art organizations through advocacy, education, programs and services.
Description: The Fresno Arts Council seeks an undergraduate student majoring in Marketing, Event Planning, Mass Communications, Business or Public Relations. This position will assist both the program coordinator and executive director in planning events and working with various organizations and businesses in efforts to further build the arts community here in Fresno. The ideal intern is self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and expresses great interest in gaining professional experience in an arts organization setting. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain college credit and experience in Event Planning while working for a community-based non-profit organization.
- Assist in planning and organizing various events
- Contacting local businesses and organizations for events like ArtHop, Arts Alive, etc.
- Contribute and collaborate on new ideas with other staff members
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of mailing, media and guest lists
- Solicit sponsors, create and coordinate the drafting/distribution of promotional materials, and cover the logistics of the event.
- Assist with donor acknowledgment and guest follow-up
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be working toward a college degree in one of the relating fields listed above
- Computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possesses effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and interact in a professional manner with business and media contacts
- Must be responsible, reliable and able to work independently
- Interest in Special Events Planning
- Previous event volunteer experience a plus
- Enthusiastic about the arts!
Please send a resume to Julian Ramos, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.