Position Title: Accounting Intern
Supervised by: Executive Director
Time Commitment: Dependent on course requirements.
The Fresno Arts Council is a non-profit organization seeking to promote the arts through supporting local artists, organizing events and and working toward bringing artists and audiences together within the community. It acts as an umbrella for artists and art organizations through advocacy, education, programs and services.
Description: The Accounting Intern performs a variety of duties for the Fresno Arts Council and reports directly to the Program Coordinator. This position requires high level office, clerical, and computer skills and the ability to problem solve and think critically, always maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping and day-today financial administration
- Provides administrative support such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/ or referring a range of administrative problems and inquires.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, financial records, and/or other documents. Performs monthly, quarterly and annual reviews of files and reports.
- Intake and prepare payables in a timely fashion
- Receive and process funds to the Fresno Arts Council accordingly.
- Manage, enter and process FAC Water Tower receipts and Artist payouts.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High School diploma or GED required. Must be enrolled in college courses. Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Professional speaking and personal interaction skills in a semi-formal working environment.
- Ability to dress in a business professional manner.
- Excellent use of spoken and written English
- Ability to greet and host waiting guests.
- Master user of word processing and/or data entry software.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Database management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Detail Oriented
Please send a resume to Julian Ramos, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.