Fresno Arts Council– Seeks Special Event Planning Intern:
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner to assist in organizing our Arts Alive in Agriculture Juried Exhibition at Fresno City Hall. This is our yearly juried exhibition featuring art inspired by, or directly depicting agriculture here in the valley. It is held in April and is highlighted by the awards ceremony and reception. Event coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding relations and outreach in an organized and timely manner.
Special Event Planning Intern Responsibilities:
- Event planning, design and production within time limits
- Working with the Fresno Arts Council to identify their needs and follow through with proper execution of tasks.
- Organizing facilities and details such as requesting donations, catering, entertainment, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with the Executive Director, Project Coordinator, and Office Manager to identify their needs and to ensure completion of project elements.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to Executive Director.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage event’s details such as donations, catering, entertainment, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Cooperate with Project Coordinator and Office Manager to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Current Student
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Willing to submit references and/or school transcripts
Please email your resume to: Jenny@fresnoartscouncil.org