5th Annual Black and White Exhibit in Chris Sorensen’s
Main Gallery – MAY 2014
Submission Day: Saturday, April 26th, 10 am to 1 pm
Opens May 1st and runs through May 30th
Gallery hours: Monday -Friday 9am-4pm
Reception Art hop: Thursday, May 1st, 5pm- 8:00 pm
This is a juried exhibition and the rules are as follows:
At check in you will fill out an entry form, be prepared to provide:
Artists name, address, email and phone number
Read rules carefully, by entering, you agree to abide by these rules.
- All media will be considered, painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, etc. as long as it is Black and White.
- Original work only must be submitted by the artist or relative or friend of the artist.
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $10 per piece.
- All work must be for sale. There is no charge for the artist to submit an appropriate replacement piece without charge during the exhibit.
- The Artist will price the work; the gallery will not assist in pricing.
- All work shown is at the risk of the Artist. There is no insurance.
- A 25% commission on all sales goes to Chris Sorensen.
- All work must be complete and dry before entry.
- All wall art must be ready to hang from one wall fastener. No claw hangers.
- All wall art can be up to 48” x 48” maximum dimensions, including frame.
- All sculpture must be easily moved through a standard door.
- All work must be labeled on the back or bottom with name and current contact information, title and price.
- Check in and checkout times and dates will be strictly enforced, no exceptions.
Do not go in early and ask Chris to accept your work. Work left before check in date will not be accepted for jury. If you can’t make check- in you may get someone to go for you.
- The gallery will not be responsible for work not picked up; we do not have storage space. Work left will become property of the gallery and can be discarded.
- Non-compliance of any guideline will result in non-acceptance of work. Original work only must be submitted by the artist or relative or friend of the artist.
These are important dates that you will need:
Receiving submissions: Saturday, April 26th, 10am – 1pm Only
Reception Art Hop: Thursday, May 1st, 5pm – 8pm
Pick up exhibited work: Friday, May 30th, 10 am – 3pm Only
Chris Sorensen Studio and Galleries
2223 S. Van Ness, Fresno, CA 559-237-4934
Kerby Smith, Curator, firstname.lastname@example.org