Fresno Foods LLC is building a new Jack in the Box on Shaw at Barcus and adjacent to Highway 99. The project will include a triangular structure that will be enhanced with original art. See attached Site Plan Study, notice the West end of the parcel (which is triangular in shape).
The Fresno Arts Council is accepting artist’s proposals for tile mosaic or large paintings that will fit in the structure described above. The proposal will include ideas for original work to be commissioned for the site. This project calls for an installation that is some or all of the following: welcoming, bold, creative, durable, low maintenance, imaginative and reflective of the theme. The theme for this project is influenced by the Forestiere Under Ground Gardens located at 5021 W. Shaw. Additional project information including site picture and space dimensions, is available at the FAC web site or FAC Facebook page.
All estimates of cost should include installation, labor and materials, insurance and delivery. The proposed work will need to be approved by the City of Fresno Public Art Review Committee. A site visit will be scheduled for Wednesday September 24, 2015 at 10 a.m. and can be arranged by calling Lilia Gonzales-Chavez at (559) 237-97334. A jury will narrow submissions and choose the final art to be included in this project.
[button link=”https://fresnoartscouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Shaw_PROPOSED-SITE-PLAN.pdf” size=”xl” style=”download” color=”green” text=”dark” window=”yes”]Download Proposed Site Plan[/button]
We currently have $8,000 allocated for this site with the expectation of at least two large murals to fit in the triangular structure on the site. The structure itself has been designed and will be built by a subcontractor working on this project.
Entry Deadline – 10/27/14 Submissions due by 5 pm. Send To: Fresno Arts Council 1245 Van Ness Ave Fresno, CA 93721
– 10/30/14 Jury to narrow to finalists – Artists notified
– 11/06/14 Artists present concepts to selection Jury
– 11/13/14 Artists notified
– 3/2015 Installation
The project is open to experienced artist from Fresno County age 18 or over.
A jury will select the finalists and then invite them for an interview.
The Fresno Arts Council reserves the right to make no selection in this process if the art presented is not appropriate.
There is no entry fee.
- Submit a CD by mail (use overnight service if necessary) – Please clearly label all materials with name, email, address and phone number.
- One page letter of interest – 6 copies
- One page budget including delivery, installation and insurance -6 copies
- Current resume – identify past experience with public art
- Identify website
- 10 images of current, relevant work. Images should be JPEG, a minimum of 3000 dpi
- Image list, with number, title, media, size material and description OR
- Up to 6 digital images of proposed work that includes title, media, size, date and description
- In order to properly judge the scale of your submittal, please include an image of your proposed work in reference to an object of a known size
- 3-5 reference Letters with contact information
- Self-addressed stamped envelope if you want CD returned
Questions about submission, please email Lilia Gonzales Chavez Lilia@fresnoartscouncil.org