Fresno is getting an unforgettable Flamenco show on Saturday, July 13th. I’m talking a world-famous dancer, a legendary guitarist and singer, plus 6 guest dancers. Why you ask? Because Omar Naré freakin’ rocks that’s why! Right now, Jasmin and I are the production managers for a show that is being sponsored by Eva Longoria from Desperate Housewives. The first performance is at her charity event “The Noble Gift Gala.” To help get prepared, Jas and I have organized a photoshoot in Fresno with local photographer Joe Osejo on July 13th. Of course, we had to take advantage of having all that talent in one place so…
Put it in your phone calendar and set a reminder alarm!
The show is called KOMPAZ and is being choreographed by Manuel Gutierrez. He came to Fresno last December and people are still walking around with dropped jaws. He has invited 6 of California’s finest dancers including Fanny Ara and Clare Rodriguez to perform in the company. Manuel has also asked Jason McGuire, the top American Flamenco guitarist in the US, to accompany the dancers and Jose Cortes, an amazing, gypsy singer from the south of France. This level of Flamenco rarely comes to Fresno.
Arte Americas was gracious enough to open their doors on such short notice. The show is three weeks away! Here are the main details:
– KOMPAZ Saturday, July 13, 2013
– Arte Americas is at 1630 Van Ness Ave in downtown Fresno. It’s across the street from the now closed Metropolitan Museum. Their number is 559-266-2623
– Doors open at 7pm. Show starts at 8pm. There is limited seating in the plaza so arrive early
– $10 general / $8 Arte America Members
– Contact Arte Americas or call 559-709-6355 with any questions.